This past week has been such a learning experience for me. At every extra moment I have, I’ve been reading up on bloggers and how they got started, improving my site for SEO purposes, and trying to figure out at least an initial brand standard. I’m still working on that last one.
But I have to say, I’m not sure what was holding me back all those times before as I tried to start (and sustain) a blog. One of the easiest answers I have come up with is that I simply didn’t truly know what being a blogger meant. I thought if I wrote posts, people would magically start reading. And that couldn’t be further from the truth.
I really admire a lot of bloggers for all the blood, sweat, and tears they put into their blogs in the beginning, and how they’ve been able to sustain them since then. I also am loving all the bloggers I’m starting to meet. I (somewhat) knew Erika from college and she was really the one who spoke the words on her blog that got me going on this journey. I can’t wait to meet Kara when I’m finally in Minneapolis. I feel like Amber and I are on the same wavelength about life and how we approach situations. These are just a few of the people who have made my heart warm over the past week. I can’t wait to meet even more people as I continue down this path.
I have eight posts this week for Must-See Monday. I tried picking posts that not only really spoke to me, but hopefully will speak to you, as well. Enjoy!
1. Jess Lively suggested 10 books to read to help you accomplish your New Year’s goals.
2. I can’t wait to try out iBeacons at my new job. I think they’ll really change the way I am able to market to consumers.
3. I’ll be the first to admit that my food photography and styling right now SUCKS. So sorry for those images you’ve been looking at of the turkey subs and the white chocolate chip cookies. I hope this post and others will help me improve those skills.
4. I really love me some Iowa Girl Eats. Anyone else with me? This past week, she shared what she regularly keeps stocked in her pantry, fridge, and freezer. Some of the items she listed I never would’ve thought to always keep on hand but seems genius once you think about them.
5. Pinch of Yum wrote a great article about burnout and peace.
6. Between Dreams wrote a really raw and authentic piece about things you need to let go of in our life.
7. Amber at And Yes to Joy wrote 10 wellness reminders that are good to think about and remember in your life. All of Amber’s posts make you feel so alive and great after reading them.
8. Mel and The Nectar Creative wrote a great reminder about being grateful as an entrepreneur.
So that’s my list. What was on your must-read list for the past week? Which one of the above posts spoke to you the most?