Do you ever go through those stages in your eating habits where all you want is one kind of cuisine? I was like that with Mexican food a few weeks ago. Now I’m onto anything from Asia. Chinese chicken, then some Mongolian pot stickers, and now Thai peanut chicken pizza.
This idea has been in my mind for a long time now, probably about a year. I found a recipe (which I wish I still had) for a Thai peanut salad dressing that was, well, life changing. Ever since I had that, I wondered how I could incorporate that on a pizza.
I had a recipe planned for this that was skimmed down a little bit. But when I was at the grocery store shopping last Sunday, I kept spotting other foods or flavors that would be great on this pizza. And I’m glad I gave in because it turned out amazing.
From my kitchen to yours, I hope you enjoy this Thai peanut chicken pizza as much as I did.
Thai Peanut Chicken Pizza
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- 1 12″ pre-made / store-bought pizza crust
- 1 recipe Thai peanut sauce (see below)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shaved carrots
- 1/2 diced red onion
- 1 small can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 heaping tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. Preheat oven according to package directions.
- 2. Dice chicken into small, bite-sized pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and a few (or a lot of) shakes of red pepper flakes. I probably used about 1 tablespoon. Cook chicken in a pan with olive oil until cooked through. Set aside.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine Thai peanut sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- 4. Spread Thai peanut sauce onto pizza crust, then top with chicken, cheese, carrots, onions, pineapple, and cashews. Bake according to package directions, or until cheese is golden brown.
- 5. Top with cilantro. Then chow down!
Love this recipe? Join the email club! Get more recipes delivered to your inbox once a week.